The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to Sasa Avenue Boutique (“Sasa Avenue Boutique”, “our”, “us” or “we”). For the purpose of this Notice, the terms “Personal Data” and “Processing” shall have the same meaning as prescribed in the Act.
2. Descriptions of data
In providing your personal data, you consent to us using the data collected in order to meet our commitments to you and to provide you with the service you expect. We need your data for the following purposes:
• To create your personal account at Sasa Avenue Boutique (e.g. your name and email address)
• To process your orders via our online services or website (e.g. your name, address, date of birth and bank details)
• To send text messages notifications of delivery status (e.g. your mobile phone number)
• To send you marketing offers such as newsletter and catalogues (e.g. your email address, your name and your postal address)
• To contact you in the event of any problems with the delivery of your items (e.g. telephone number, address)
• To answer your queries and to inform you of new or changed services (e.g. Your email address)
• To notify the winners in competitions arranged online (e.g. your email address, name, home address and telephone number)
• To manage your account by carrying out credit checks (e.g. name, address, date of birth)
• To be able to validate that you are of legal age for shopping online (e.g. date of birth)
We will only keep your data for as long as necessary to carry out our services to you. After this your personal data will be deleted. We cannot remove your data when there is a legal storage requirement, such as book-keeping rules or when there are other legal grounds to keep the data, such as an ongoing contractual relationship.
3. Rights & access of data
You have right to request information about the personal date we hold on you. If your data is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant, you can ask to have the information corrected or removed. You can withdraw your consent to us using the data for marketing purpose (i.e. sending Newsletter or offers to your email address) at any time. Please cancel further Newsletter via the opt-out link which is presented at the bottom of each Newsletter message.
We never pass on, sell or swap your data to third parties for marketing purpose outside of Sasa Avenue Boutique. Data that is forwarded to third parties, for example shipping agents or courier in connection with the delivery of goods, is only used to meet Sasa Avenue Boutique’s commitments to you. We may also supply your personal details to organizations such as credit reference or debt collection agencies for the purpose of credit checks, identity checks and debt collection.
If you would like to make any enquires or complaints, or request for access to or update and/or amend any of your Personal Data, please submit your request to us via:
SASA AVENUE BOUTIQUE’s Person In Charge
Telephone: +60-19 697 7272
In accordance with the PDPA, we may refuse to comply with your request for access to update and/or amend your Personal Data, and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will reply you with the reason for our refusal.
4. Protection of data
We have taken technical and organizational measures to protect your date from loss, manipulation, unauthorized access, etc. We continually adapt our security measures inline with technological progress and developments. At Sasa Avenue Boutique, we protect your data using encryption. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is a function that encrypts all information sent between buyer and seller.
There are two types of cookies: permanent and temporary (session cookies). Permanent cookies are stored as a file on your computer or mobile device for no loner than 12 months. Session cookies are stored temporary and disappear when you close your browser session. We use permanent cookies to store your choice of start page and to store your details if you select “Remember me” when you log in. We use session cookies when you use the product filtration function, to check whether you are logged in or if you put an item in your shopping bag.
Our website www.sasaavenue.com may include link to other websites which do not fall under our supervision. We cannot accept any responsibility for the protection of privacy or the content of these websites, but we offer these links to make it easier for our visitors to find more information about specific subjects.
6. Accuracy & completeness of personal data
You are responsible for ensuring that the Personal Data you provide to us is accurate, complete, up to date and not misleading.